Quảng Trị, Viet Nam – January 19, 2019 When 48-year-old Nguyen Van Nhat fell unconscious from methanol poisoning and was taken to Quảng Trị General Hospital the medical staff administered three cans of beer. Dr. Le Van Lam, the lead doctor at the Quảng Trị General Hospital Intensive Care Unit oversaw the unusual prescription as…

January 16, 2019 – Moscow, Russia The Russian Postal Service through its Press Secretary, Daniil Skidan in an interview with Radio Moscow announced that it would expand the sale of alcohol at rural offices. Mr. Skidan stated that 3200 rural post offices began selling beer in October 2018 both to expand the profit margins of…

January 15, 2019 – Hull, England Counterfeit Vodka ALERT Warning: if you spot ‘Radanoff’ vodka for sale, do not buy or drink it. Radanoff is a fake brand seized recently in Hull, England. It could contain industrial alcohol which can cause blindness or death. If you see Radanoff, contact Trading Standards on: 01482 300 300.…

Part One: The Past 01-11-2019 – Jersey City, NJ SafeProof.org was created by concerned consumers and is maintained by anonymous and visible contributors. That is the statement that readers see at the bottom of the SafeProof.org website which has now been live since early 2017. The true beginnings go back to a March evening in…

December 29, 2018 – London, England, UK Recapping a year of dodgy booze seizures throughout the United Kingdom, the Local Government Council (LGA) sent out their New Year Greetings to consumers in the form of a stark warning, Beware of Fake Vodka. Following fake vodka seizures throughout the year from retailers, home based sellers, pubs…

December 21, 2018 – New York, New York Rare Whisky 101 bills itself as, “the first and only company to publish an extensive range of insight and intelligence to the whisky collector and investor.” Founded in Scotland in 2014 as a valuation, brokerage and consultancy service for whisky collectors, Rare Whisky 101 has complied a…

Manila, Philippines The Philippine Food and Drug Administration (FDA) advised citizens to consume only registered, certified Lambanóg from legal licensed distillers. The agency has documented 44 cases of methanol poisoning traced to Lambanóg since May. Among the 44 cases, 21 victims have died from methanol poisoning associated with Lambanóg. At the urging of licensed distillers,…

November 30, 2018 – Miami, Florida The death of 20-year-old Abbey Conner at a Mexican Resort in early January 2017 is a story that keeps the spotlight shining on tainted, poisonous, adulterated alcohol that is suspected of being served to tourists at the all-inclusive resorts in Mexico. Travelling with their parents, John and Ginny McGowan,…